/* End-to-end encrypted messenger */
Matrix is a decentralized and end-to-end encrypted messenger service with good support for group chats. It is a free and open alternative to Signal and Slack.
- End-to-end encryption for individual and group chats
- ⚠️ Clients exist that do not support end-to-end encryption
- Multi-Device-Support (Smartphone, Browser, Desktop)
- Networking with people and groups on other Matrix servers (Federation)
- Only for systemli:
- Messages are automatically deleted after 30 days
- IP addresses are not stored
Our server requires an email account at systemli.org. As with email or Jabber, other Matrix accounts on other Matrix servers can be contacted.
To connect to Matrix, instead of our web client, you can also install
an app can be installed. Please note that you have to change the home server to login
matrix.systemli.org (by default it is set to matrix.org). A good documentation of the client
provided by TU Dresden.
ℹ️ Element uses end-to-end encryption by default.
ℹ️ In addition to the client element we recommend, there are other clients for Matrix. Thereby it can happen that that they do not have all features (including security relevant ones) built in. You should have a look at the Features carefully and consider which client you use.