/* Open instant messaging alternative to Whatsapp and co. */
Jabber (also called XMPP) is an instant messaging-, respectively chat-service and therefore an alternative to Facebook-chat, ICQ, MSN or similar services. Since many years we offer a Jabber-server (jabber.systemli.org) with open registering.
Contrary to the services mentioned above, we neither retain your contents nor your connection data.
To set up a connection to our server, you need a chat program. For using Jabber, there are different ones. For example Gajim (Windows/Linux), Monal (OS X), ChatSecure (iOS) oder Conversations (Android).
To avoid spam accounts, the registration is only possible via browser.
We recommend using a program on your computer. If this is not possible (for example at university or at work), use our Web-Jabber.
Server: jabber.systemli.org Port: 5222 (STARTTLS) Bosh-URL: https://www.systemli.org/jabber/bosh
Onion Service Address
When using jabber.systemli.org, please consider the following:
- Use additional encryption: OMEMO, OTR or GnuPG.
- Disable logging in your Jabber client.
- Support your friends in disabling logging and using additional encryption.
- Please follow our instructions (for Pidgin).
- Inactive accounts will be automatically deactivated after two years.
- The content of group chats is ephemeral and will get lost in case of server reboots.
- Transmission of big files (>20MB) to acccounts on other servers might be unencrypted.